United Rentals TOOL SERVICE TECHNICIAN in Cambridge, Ontario
Great company. Great people. Great opportunities.
As a Specialty Tools Tech II at United Rentals, you’ll use your skills to perform manual and maintenance tasks as well as minor repairs of industrial application tools in a safe and professional manner. Every day, you can improve and challenge yourself, and if you have the desire and ambition, you’ll have the potential to work towards higher level Tech roles in our Service Department. Like every member of our team, we will rely on you to provide exceptional customer service to our customers.
Your strong work ethic, reliability and positive attitude will make you an asset to our branch and entire organization. If you would enjoy the chance to make your mark with the world’s largest equipment rental provider, consider a future with United Rentals. You will be supported by a strong management team that will help you achieve your goals. Excellence in this challenging and rewarding position paves the way for advancement opportunities.
Additional duties include the following:
· Perform maintenance check on hydraulic lifting, pneumatic percussion tools, cable pulling, and pipe threading & related accessories before and after use
· Report machine condition to Management
· Perform routine repairs on Tools with some supervision
· Perform major repairs under direct supervision of higher level service technicians
· Recognize and communicate the need for parts and inventory
· Maintain paperwork/electronic documentation of work performed (work orders) in a complete and timely manner on a daily/job basis
· Assist with pick-up and delivery of equipment & parts
· Checkout, familiarize, and demonstrate a wider array of more complex Tools for customers
· Other duties assigned as needed
· High School diploma or equivalent
· 1-2 years of experience repairing/maintaining industrial tools and equipment; or trade school graduate
· Experience maintaining and repairing electrical welding and accessories a definite asset
· Demonstrate mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of tools
· Basic understanding of schematics and diagrams
· Basic knowledge of diagnostic equipment
· Must own tools applicable to position
· Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
· Superior customer service, teamwork and verbal/written communication skills
· Ability to frequently lift items up to 45 lbs.
At United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company, we believe that it takes great employees to build a great organization – and we’re passionate about helping our people grow professionally and embrace teamwork in everything they do. Our culture is based on our corporate values and centers on mutual respect, job satisfaction, diversity and a shared responsibility to build a better future.
What's in it for you?
U.S. Full Time roles : Best in class benefits offering includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending and health savings accounts; 401(k) retirement with company match; life and disability insurance; and paid time off including sick, vacation, holidays, and paid parental leave. Comprehensive training and development and career growth opportunities.
U.S. Part Time roles: Benefits offering includes 401(k) retirement with company match/RRSP; paid time off including sick, vacation and holidays; and comprehensive training and development and career growth opportunities.
Canada: Best in class benefits package which includes medical, dental & vision, RRSP/DPSP*, paid time off, comprehensive training and development, and career growth opportunities.
*Offered for full time roles, part time eligibility in select provinces
United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.